Join a growing entrepreneurial Information Technology and Management Consulting firm.
We are seeking strong professionals to join our firm. Please send resume to email@example.com:
Position: IT Systems Consultant
Title: Senior Consultant
Salary: Market Competitive with Year-end Bonus
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
We are seeking a IT Systems Consultant whose primary function is to provide system support to the various client projects by means of research, software architecture and design, analysis, requirements development, documentation and training for issues and enhancements related to all systems.
The IT Systems Consultant candidate must possess a strong working knowledge waterfall and Agile software development methodologies (SDM) and have the ability to analyze systems and processes within the public sector (federal, state, and local government). The job responsibilities will include
- providing recommendations for enhancing work flows to improve processes and identify and correct system issues;
- developing detailed Business Requirements & Functional Requirements;
- ensuring requirements are met through Quality Assurance tasks; and
- participating throughout the entire SDM process.
The IT Systems Consultant candidate will assist in the development of business solutions in accordance with SDM including, but not limited to:
- Providing input to the Project Manager in the creation of project plans, estimates and schedules.
- Assisting the Project Manager in the preparation of the Impact Analysis needed for new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
- Adhering to the projects time line and keeping the Project Manager apprised of status, issues and progress.
- Documenting business requirements to include all information needed by the developers by translating business requirements into detailed system/IT requirements.
- Working with our clients to prepare detailed Business Requirements and Use Cases, scheduling and system demonstrations as needed.
- Working with technical areas, Developers and QA to interpret Business Requirements, scheduling and facilitating walk-throughs as needed.
- Participating in the creation of Functional Requirements in collaboration with the development teams, and the applicable business teams.
- Participating in the preparation of Test Plans and as needed participate in the execution of Systems Testing in conjunction with the QA Testing Team to ensure Test Cases cover all functionality described in the Business Requirements and Use Cases
- Reviewing Systems Testing Results (as needed) to obtain Sign Off from the QA Testing Team.
- Assisting the Business Team during User Acceptance Testing (UAT) by answering any questions, reviewing test director defects and determining if it is a true defect, or whether a change control is needed before assigning to development team.
- Developing reports and analyses using various query and/or other tools as needed
- Monitoring quality of production systems and resolve production related issues during check out and Post Deployment (as needed).
- Working with the Development Team in preparation of the Master Release Plan and post production testing.
Internal firm activities include but may not be limited to
- Competitive market research and analysis
- Business proposal writing and content contribution
- Building project accelerator tools and techniques
- Creating white papers, case study analysis, and miscellaneous consulting practice artifacts
- Assisting with sales presentations for prospective clients
Bachelor's degree in business or computer science and a minimum of 5-7 years of experience with business operations or systems development, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Up to 25% travel based on client requirements